The raw material fondant basically consists of sugar, water and glucose syrup. Fondant is used as a semi-finished product and as a finished product with flavorings. It combines very well with chocolate and baked goods and is a highly sought-after product due to its sweetness and varied textures.
In the seminar, we will cover the production of fondant and possible sources of error. What characterizes a good fondant and how to process it into end products such as chocolates and fillings or coatings. Sugar is a very versatile raw material and is available in dissolved and recrystallized form. We try to explain the recrystallization of sugar in more detail and which parameters are important.
- Fondant – Product Overview
- Raw materials: Sugar, water, glucose syrup
- Fondant types
- Composition and recipes
- Shelf life, water activity and water content
- Fondant production
- Raw materials: Fats, flavors, colors
- Enzymes in fondant fillings
- Enrobing, forming/ extruding
- Starch and starchless deposited products
- Fondant for bakery applications
- Sugar-free and sugar-reduced fondant
- Glazings and toppings (icing sugar and egg albumen)